Subject RE: [firebird-support] gsec - unavailable database
Author Bill Oliver
No luck...

I did an uninstall/reinstall, using RC8 and the Windows installer. When I did the re-install, I installed to c:\firebird (not c:\firebird1.5). Everything in the registry looks OK to me, is there a specific key to check?

gsec still produces this:
C:\firebird\bin>gsec
unavailable database
unable to open database

I didn't have a firebird environment variable, so I tried the following, starting with a delibrately bad directory to verify the environment variable was picked up:

C:\firebird\bin>set FIREBIRD=c:\temp

C:\firebird\bin>gsec
unavailable database
can't format message 18:15 -- message file c:\temp\firebird.msg not found

C:\firebird\bin>set FIREBIRD=c:\firebird

C:\firebird\bin>gsec
unavailable database
unable to open database

the security.fdb file *is* there, as shown below:
11/10/2003 01:05a 2,560 security.fbk
12/29/2003 01:05a 643,072 security.fdb