Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Interbase 6.X vs Firebird on Server 2003
Author Rohit Gupta
Thomas,

from our experience... under 2003 you have two problems.

1. xxx.gdb file is slow which is why FB1.5 renames the file. No one
has explained why. I suspect the usual MS "windows isnt done until
lotus doesnt run" syndrome. Just renaming your dbs file does no good
because the isc4.gdb is still a gdb. So you have to use FB1.5 or the
latest IB.

2. 2003 classifies IOB/FB as an app even when it runs as a service. If
you configure the server to optimise for applications, you will see an
enormous boost.