Subject Re: [firebird-support] Digest Number 1743
Author Anand
Thanks for the replies, guys :)

So in a gist, the Guardian service was supposed to automatically
take care
of the database server restarts etc. in case there was any
crash, but since
Firebird very rarely crashes it is sort of redundant. And in
case the
Guardian service is running you won't get any direct information
of the
server crashes, for e.g. your database activity won't throw any
exception,
because the Guardian service will restart the Firebird server,
is that
right? Does the Guardian service ensure that an app using the
database
server is not affected by a server crash by restarting the
server and
restoring the connection, or does it simply eliminate the need
on the client
application's part to start the database server after a crash,
and the
client app would still have to reconnect?

Yeah, and I managed to resolve the other problem about
installing and
uninstalling the Guardian service. My stupidity to use the RC5
set of
instreg.exe and instsvc.exe :-o

Regards,

Anand S. Kashelkar