Subject Re: (Att. Alan McDonald) Firebird DB slow on 1st transaction.
Author ra8009
I too have the same problem. It's almost exactly as Marcus described
it a few messages back. My first load times can be 3 minutes +,
subsequent load times may be 1 second! I've seen this with several
databases, all are between 30-60 MB in size on Firebird 1 and 1.5. I
have 1 GB of RAM, and am running Windows XP. If it's relevant, I'm
using Norton 2003.