Subject Re: [firebird-support] IBConsole doesn't work with 1.5
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:56 PM 25/08/2003 +0000, you wrote:

>Second question -- fbServer is running as a service. FBGuard is not
>running at all. Do I need FBGuard to be running and more
>specifically, what does it do? With fbServer only, my client apps
>are connecting and running at an admirable speed (this with 1.5 rc 5)
>so do I need fbGuard?

On Win9x, XPHome and ME you need fbGuard - it restarts the server if it
crashes. On NT/Win2K you don't need it if running fb as a service, since
the OS does the same job. I expect XP Pro is similar.

It doesn't hurt performance or anything else if you do run it. It's one
less chunk of memory used if you don't, I guess.

heLen