Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: embedded server
Author Dimitry Sibiryakov
On 7 Aug 2003 at 7:24, Fabrice Aeschbacher wrote:

>Really? where is this to be found?

Once again: it is a part of classic server so it can be found in CS
package. For Linux.

> is it a shared lib? a static lib?

It is a shared lib.

>Is there any documentation telling how to used it?

All kinds of servers has one common API known as IB API. Write a
program, link against appropriate library and you'll get either
client application or embedded application.
BTW, there is a static library. It is called libfbstatic and used
in build process. Theoretically you can put everything into one
executable. But sh-h!.. It is a big secret. ;)

>We are very interested in this, being developping embedded software
>running on linux / flash ram, and not having very much storage space.

Then you'd better to ask someone of elders. May be they know how IB
worked in cell phones and military devices.

SY, Dimitry Sibiryakov.