Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Firebird-1.0.2.908 on Windows 2003 Server
Author Christian Gütter
Hello Claus,

Friday, July 25, 2003, 9:37:19 PM, you wrote:

> for windows - if you are a kind of masochist and you prefer M$$$$ - i have
> more ore less the same clue for you:
> buy a RAID controller from (V?)FORTEX SCSI/LVD / Symbios SCSI/LVD /
> or PROMISE EIDE ----

I guess you mean RAID controllers from ICP Vortex - they are very good
and quite cheap indeed.

> try to stripe the logical-volumes over 4 disks or so
> and do never run a production database on a simple EIDE disk controller !
> by a good IO system you gain 10+ times more speed even with a M$ system!

I doubt that. I made the experience that IB/FB performs better on a
Linux server, but I think it is not 10 times more speed. Could you
share some details on how you came to these numbers?

With regards,

Christian