Subject Re: Database-Errors
Author geraldo_ls
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Ann Harrison
<aharrison@i...> wrote:
> That sounds like a different problem than the one Richard
reported. A
> bad index will have exactly those symptoms.
> Is there anything unusual about the index that is used to locate
the
> registry of patients?

Normally we have about 100 patients in de hospital. The query that
was returning wrong results was:

select FIELD1, FIELD2, ETC..
from CONTAS
WHERE CTA_HOSPITAL = 1
AND CTA_TIPO_ATENDIMENTO= 'Internação'
AND CTA_ALTA_DATA IS NULL

I have two indices: one for cta_tipo_atendimento other for
cta_alta_data.

I've started with IB 6.0.1 in 2001, this year I've made the upgrade
to Firebird and never had this kind of problem.

The system runs 24/7 and I stop the system for two hours one time
per month, or when I need to change metadata.

I've scheduled 4 backup per day, and I use one machine to restore
them to test the validity of the running database. I've created a
python script to restore the database and send me a mail if the
restore process returns some error.

Thank you very much,

Geraldo Lopes de Souza