Subject RE: [firebird-support] Re: IBOQuery and datasource mechanics
Author Helen Borrie
At 11:25 PM 5/07/2003 +1000, you wrote:
> > Did you try to change 'OldParameterOrdering', in firebird.conf?
> >

>This is all I can find about this setting:
>* Fixed unregistered bug.
> Make SQLDA parameter mapping consistent with order and number of
>parameters in source SQL string.
> Notes:
> You can enable older mapping behavior (for backward compatibility)
>using "OldParameterOrdering" configuration manager parameter.
> Contributor(s):
> Nickolay Samofatov
>
>Can someone tell me where I can find out more details about this setting in
>the conf file?

I wonder why you're asking in firebird-support. This isn't a beta-testers'
list.

But hints: read the notes in firebird.conf itself and, if you're curious
about the bug, search the firebird-devel archives for postings by Jason
about parameter ordering. And set OldParameterOrdering true (=1) for IBO
(for now) because IBO mudges params to work around the bug that Nickolay fixed.

^heLen