Subject Re: [ib-support] interrupted php script while accessing firebird... what happens?
Author Milan Babuskov
Xavier Solé wrote:
> I would like to know what happens when a user clicks on the "Stop" button of
> a browser while a php script is returning the results of a Firebird query.
> Imagine the script is in that moment accessing the results of a query with a
> loop like this:
>
> $dbh = ibase_connect(.....);
> $stmt = "SELECT BLA, BLA...";
> $sth=ibase_query($dbh,$stmt)
> while ($row=ibase_fetch_object($sth)
> {
> ... printing result in the client browser
> }
>
> If the result of the query is big enough, it may take some time to show all
> the rows in the browser, and the user may get tired of waiting. If he stops
> the script, does firebird continue processing the query until it finishes?

I don't know about theory, but my experience shows that Firebird keeps
running the query. Sometimes my users run a query like that, and when
they see it isn't responding, they try to run it again, and the server
gets stuck for a long time, so I just have to kill those ibserver
processes. (I use Linux, Apache, PHP)

--
Milan Babuskov
http://fbexport.sourceforge.net