Subject RE: [ib-support] FB 1.02 incompatible with BDE 5.01
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:43 PM 17/03/2003 -0500, Sean Leyne wrote:
>Don,
>

> > When I call it from Paradox (or any BDE utility) using:
> >
> > Select *
> > from TAS_EXTRACT('2/10/2003')
>
>The BDE is not compatible with Dialect 3 Numeric/Decimal columns!

While I agree that it's the 64-bit incompatibility that is causing this
problem, I believe that the BDE 5.2 InterBase driver (as shipped in the
final Delphi 6 update and apparently not available as a separate product)
*does* support it. It's a detail, though - Paradox doesn't support 64-bit
numerics.

Don,
I'm mystified why you are grabbing the MINUTES summary, casting it to
(15,2) and then pushing it into an (18,2) variable. Your solution here
might be as simple as changing that variable to (15,2).

heLen