Subject Re: [ib-support] FB 1.02 incompatible with BDE 5.01
Author Don Gollahon
I was just trying several things trying to get it to work. I just forgot to

We are on Delphi 5 here at work. Planning to upgrade to Delphi 8 this year
when it is released. I have Delphi 6 at home though. I thought I had done
this in Paradox before but after Sean's note it jogged my memory and we had
done the cast to double at that time when we found out the numeric didn't
work.

No big deal. We don't use the BDE in our app, just IBX. It's just nice to
run things in Paradox now and then since I can get quick reports. If we
stick with Firebird I'm hoping I can talk management into using FIBPlus or
IBO since IBX will not remain compatible in the long run.

Thanks, everyone, for your help.