Subject Re: [ib-support] Firebird Super Server 1.0 on linux
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:30 PM 25/02/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Thanks Helen,
>
>I have checked, I have one windows Interbase 6.0 as you suggested, and one
>Firebird 1.0 Console, both report the same error.

I don't understand this statement.

You should have one and only one copy of gds32.dll in your path and it
should be the one whose Version in its Properties dialog reports the same
Firebird version and build as the server.

I don't know what you mean by "Firebird 1.0 Console".

>One closer inspection when I try to retrieve the properties for the database I
>get one message that -901 function not supported, secondary files unavailable,
>then -901 Database owner unavailable, then the properties come up, there
>are no
>secondary files!
>
>Using IBAccess gets the same error.

Try using IB_SQL (free from www.ibobjects.com, link button top right-hand
corner of the main page). IBAccess uses the Borland IBX components so you
may well still be looking at an incompatibility problem or a component
bug. There is really no way to predict these until someone actually
encounters them, since the source code isn't available.

Or it could again be a problem related to previous splits and merges of
multiple files. Is this a possibility here?

What connection string are you using on the Windows client, to connect to
the Linux server?

Can you connect to the database using isql? If you have the right client
libraries, you should be able to do this locally on the Linux server or
remotely on the Windows client.

heLen