Subject Re[3]: [ib-support] Non-technical database question
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

> At 05:21 PM 24/02/2003 +1000, you wrote:

> I don't know exactly, but some time ago, when I was doing a
> MYOB-to-RDBMS export application, MYOB had its own proprietary (and
> non-accessible) internal format for persistent data storage and didn't use
> a database server as a backend. Given that MYOB is still a desktop
> application, it's probably still the case.

Actually, MYOB is no longer just a desktop application. Out of the
box, it can be used in a network environment with concurrent users(you
simply nee to purchase the additional licences). I think it's still
using proprietary database system though. But, you can connect via an
ODBC driver that you can acquire from MYOB. QuickBooks uses XML to
transfer data.

Have a nice day.

Daniel Rail
Senior System Engineer