Subject Re: [ib-support] Changing metadata in a production database
Author Jason Chapman (JAC2)
Tiago,

Unfortunately I think your test script is ambiguous as it does not say when
to commit changes.

I ran through your tests as follows and unless I commit (1) after the select
and before the update (i.e. after (2) has added the column and committed) I
get the error:
Dynamic SQL Error.
SQL error code = -206.
Column unknown.
FIELD2.
At line 1, column 19.

Can you give me the test again with:
1) The transaction isolation level
2) The commits e.g. (1) commit
3) The start transaction (in most tools the point of start is the first
command after a commit).

What tool are you using?

Cheers,

JAC