Subject Re: [ib-support] Changing metadata in a production database
Author Tiago Costa
Jason,

I'm using the "Database Explorer" that comes with delphi. So, I'm
connecting via BDE.
I did not commit any changes... Only rollback

What I found is that if I don't change "field2" and rollback, it works
(field1 return to ""), but if i update field2 in the same transaction (i
didn't commit, or rollback), looks like that bde commit my changes and
starts a new transaction...

(1) Start transaction
(1) SELECT * FROM table1 (field1 "")
(1) UPDATE table1 SET field1='T' where id=1
(2) ALTER TABLE table1 add field2 VARCHAR(10)
(1) UPDATE table1 SET field2="test" where id=1
(*) - I think BDE here COMMIT and Starts another transaction
(1) SELECT * FROM table1 (both fields "T" and "test")
(1) ROLLBACK
(1) SELECT * FROM table1 (field1 "T")

Tiago