Subject Re: [ib-support] Firebird & OOo
Author William L. Thomson Jr.
Helen,

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 07:19, Helen Borrie wrote:

> Hmm, I'm curious to know what a non-programmer is going to with a database
> and a Java driver...

Actually I would like to see other non-programmers using Firebird with
tools like OpenOffice.

Regardless of them not being programmers or dba, at least they can store
their data using a good RDMS.

In the end do we really care why or how they are using Firebird, or
simply that they are using Firebird. It will only help spread the word.

> Anyway, you are asking in the wrong place. Subscribe to firebird-java,
> where you can ask for the links to the installation docs. Make sure you DO
> explain what you need to do.

I waited for him to post to the other group, but he seems to want to
post here instead. Each of my replies did tell him it was the wrong
group. Hope he catches on.

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.