Subject Re: [ib-support] Windows XP Home
Author Lester Caine
Todd Brasseur wrote:
> It wasn't Firewall stuff as we checked that ...
>
> I think that Microsoft intentionally left out something in the Home
> Edition so that it couldnt be used for client server applications. Just
> my thought, I haven't found any evidence to this affect.

If you read the sales bits you will see that XPHome was not
supposed to have networking at all. You are supposed to buy
the Pro version if you want any network stuff. Otherwise why
would anybody buy XPPro <g>

That said, a lot of stuff had to be reenabled in XPHome
simply to allow the Internet access to work. I have XPHome
running a local Firebird via TCP/IP, but it's not happy, and
I can't be bothered to work out why. I'd rather spend the
time on linux <bg>

--
Lester Caine