Subject Re: [ib-support] Windows XP Home
Author Phil Shrimpton
On Friday 07 February 2003 21:21, you wrote:

Hi,

> Has anyone been able to sign on to Firebird on a remote PC running
> Windows XP Home?

XP comes with all sorts of Firewall stuff turned on, which might be your
problem.

XP home is really a 'home' OS, and personally I would not spend too much time
on trying to get it to work in a 'business' environment. XP Pro is OK, but
it is still only a client OS (there is no XP server'). If you are going to
use Windows as a server OS, I would recommend W2k Server or NT Server (SP5+)

Phil
--
Linux 2.4.4-4GB
7:23pm up 25 days, 1:12, 1 user, load average: 0.12, 0.14, 0.06