Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: new MacOS X / Darwin FB1 Release
Author John Bellardo
Todd,

On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 05:08 PM, Todd <tvj@...> wrote:

> Ouch. I just tried to install the 1.0.1 installer on my 10.2.3
> machine. No errors, but when I run gsec I get an error becuase there
> is no isc4.gdb.

You need to be in the same directory as isc4.gdb
(/Library/Frameworks/Firebird.framework/Versions/A/Resources/
English.lproj/var) for gsec to find it.

> Poking around, I find that my inetd.conf is now ZERO length.
> Timestamp matches the installer run. This is bad.

You are right, that is bad. Did you have one to begin with? Either
way I can send you mine (all the entries are commented out, BTW).

> I also note that I have no /Library/StartupItems folder. Dunno if one
> was there before or not.

That is how the OS ships, AFIAK.

> Are there known problems with the installer?

Just not installing an /etc/xinetd.d entry. You don't have the log
from the failed install, do you?

> Did I just hose my machine?

No.

-John