Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Strange performance with FB 1.5 - Help
Author Olivier Mascia
Dear,

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:12:16 -0000,
bazarin wrote :

> I did the change in the CPU bios now and run the test again. This are
> the results:
>
> 1) The processing time for one client decreased to 1:30 minutes (25%
> less).
> 2) Running the system with 4 clients the time continued almost 4
> times more (5:20 minutes).
> 3) Looking at the log for each client we could noticed:
> 3.1) Although each client started at the same time (we put 4
> engineers starting the application at once in each microcomputer) the
> second client started 17 seconds after the first, the third started
> 57 seconds after the second and the fourth 40 seconds after the third.
> 3.2) It seems that the FB could not start the four clients at once.
>
> Is there something in the FB configuration that we could change to
> solve this?

Pardon me, but these results look a bit irrealistic. Are you sure
there isn't something to be changed in the application design first ?
Those delays for the 4 clients connecting and starting their work
looks odd and certainly uncommon to Firebird world.

Kind of transactions used mostly through the app ? Consistency ?
Are you makeing use of table reservations ?
Using the new 'you-should-not-need-it' row-locking ?

Could you provide a test case ?
At least what does the applications between the time they start (hit
enter key) and the time they log their start time ?

Are you using Windows 2000 Server or workstation ?
Are the databases named in .GDB ? or in .FDB ?

--
Best Regards,
Olivier Mascia