Subject Re: [firebird-support] Environment variables for firebird 1.5
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:16 PM 11/12/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
> in firebird 1.0 and interbase the following environment variables
> where necessary if the server is not installed to /usr/interbase or
> /opt/interbase and you want to use command line utilities, e.g. gbak
> or isql:
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH should contain path for libs
>
> INTERBASE should point to installation directory of firebird
> especially to the interbase.msg file.
>
> It seems that since Firebird 1.5 the command line tools also needs
> access to the firebird.conf.
>
> My questions:
> 1. Is the environment variable for firebird 1.5 renamed from
> INTERBASE to FIREBIRD?
> There's no hint in the release notes or I've nothing found.

Yes. Actually, it is referred to in the release notes, approx. p.31, in
the topic "The Firebird Root Directory". But it was omitted from the
tabulated changes, now added, and will be in v.107 of the notes.

> 2. In which path is the conf file searched for? INTERBASE?

You will need to read that topic I referred to in the release notes. I do
mean the RELEASE notes, not the installation notes. If you don't have them
in your distro, get them from www.ibphoenix.com.

/h