Subject Re: [firebird-support] Strange performance problems
Author Johannes Pretorius
Well going to the memory, what is the Servers setting Cache pages wise and
what is the
Database Page size ?. One could play with this to see if there is a
improvement.

Also with force writes on as must be on Windows, you can possible also have
a performance issue
with other application doing I/O operations on the disk, considering that
the Force writes will force the
data to be written before continue (If I understand correctly ?)

I have also had a lot of speed issue's , but I don't even run into this
with a 600 MB - 1 GB database (our average DB size at the clients)
Thus I don't think it can be so much memory wise. One thing I must note
thou is that ALL our servers
are windows NT. We don't run servers on Win 9x based machines. I don't know
if this can be a OS/ Memory handle
control problem. If that is what you mean.

Hope this helps, quickly going to get some lunch.

C ya