Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird and Delphi 6 - a newbie question
Author dhay@lexmark.com
Or you can use the free personal edition of ibexpert available at
http://www.ibexpert.com/index.php which works on 1.5.

Cheers,

David

Alexandre Benson Smith <iblist@...> on 07/10/2003 06:18:52
PM

Please respond to firebird-support@yahoogroups.com

To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
cc:
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Firebird and Delphi 6 - a newbie
question

Hi Luka,

For a short answer...

If you are new to FB/IB try using a stable version (Firebird 1.0) FB 1.5 is
not a production version yet.

FB Version 1.0 has an instalation program that configures the server,
registry, service, etc.

IBConsole is designed for IB, FB now has some diferences and IBConsole
could not work right with it. The FB 1.5 version has a diferent server and
client library name. I Think IBConsole cannot start it automatically.

Try IBOConsole.

HTH

Alexandre Benson Smith
Development