Subject Re: [ib-support] Long time waiting ...
Author Jaume Andreu Sabater Malondra
On Wednesday 25 September 2002 09:52, Svein Erling Tysvaer wrote:

> This question has been answered many times before, e.g. in message 16215
> which I have enclosed below. It is just Microsoft trying to make people
> abandon Interbase, and doing so through "attacking" every file of type gdb.
> I think there are some older messages showing how to remove gdb from the
> file types protected by XP, but to find this you have to search the
> archives at yahoogroups yourself.

I was not aware of this! Well, I heard M$ did mostly the same with Oracle, but
I thought that agreement M$ and Borland signed about two years ago would have
solved this kind of "problems". :-( F*****g M$!

Anyway, I cannot believe people still uses M$ Windows after the _LONG_ list of
things like this I have heard in last seven years. The more time I spend
using my Debian Linux the more I like and love it, and the happier I am about
not having to deal with Windows at all. :-)

However, installing Interbase/Firebird on Windows is still something that
should not be permitted by law :-D

P.D. Do yourself a favour: burn your Windows box and install Linux, you'll
really appreciate it in you quality of life. ;-)

--
Jaume Andreu Sabater Malondra
jsabater@...

"Ubi sapientas ibi libertas"