Subject Re: [ib-support] Long time waiting ...
Author Svein Erling Tysvaer
This question has been answered many times before, e.g. in message 16215
which I have enclosed below. It is just Microsoft trying to make people
abandon Interbase, and doing so through "attacking" every file of type gdb.
I think there are some older messages showing how to remove gdb from the
file types protected by XP, but to find this you have to search the
archives at yahoogroups yourself.

HTH,
Set