Subject RE: [ib-support] Re: MySQL vs Firebird - the slow decay
Author Daniel Rail
At 24/09/2002 07:50 AM, you wrote:
>I'm pretty sure that MySQL supports row level locking with the InnoDB table
>hadlers, and ref integrity also,
>so that advantage is gone almost a year ago. What FB misses most (from a
>non-expert view) is native support
>for aliasses

Aliases are implemented for FB version 1.5, but not for cross-database DML.

>and DATE/TIME and similar functions, so the use of UDF's for
>basic functions would be obsolete.

Could you list the basic functions? There are some built-in functions to
extract the day, month and year from a date. I know that there isn't any
built-in functions date/time calculations.

Daniel Rail
Senior System Engineer
ACCRA Group Inc. (www.accra.ca)
ACCRA Med Software Inc. (www.accramed.ca)