Subject RE: [ib-support] Re: MySQL vs Firebird - the slow decay
Author Riste Pejov
I'm pretty sure that MySQL supports row level locking with the InnoDB table
hadlers, and ref integrity also,
so that advantage is gone almost a year ago. What FB misses most (from a
non-expert view) is native support
for aliasses and DATE/TIME and similar functions, so the use of UDF's for
basic functions would be obsolete.
-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew [mailto:csswa@...]
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 11:59 AM
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ib-support] Re: MySQL vs Firebird - the slow decay

And when they get added? These are in MySQL's "Things to be done
real soon" and "Things that must be done eventually." This is a
project that has proven its ability to fasttrack because of the huge
user base. That list is only going to dwindle until there is nothing
significant you can point out that Firebird has over MySQL (I'm
hoping that MySQL stays a bit loony in the record-locking department
so at least FB will have that advantage). I don't so much like MySQL
as envy its spirit. It's filling the void that Firebird should be
filling. How many revenge films are there where the hero's
achievements are usurped by the bad guy and the hero spends the whole
film trying to expose the truth? That's what being a Firebird dba is
like!