Subject Re: [ib-support] MySQL vs Firebird - the slow decay
Author Rich Pinder
I thought MySQL was a kind of, well, low end app.
Firebird (IB) is well suited for heavy work, and high end projects.

But I do feel a bit of what you describe - If I pick up one more "Linux open source database" article in the
linux press, and see the FireBird missing, I think I'll cry !

I did kind of get some attention with the fellow who's doing the 'database' session at the upcoming O'Reilly
MAC OS X conference when I suggested he add FB to his talk - he said something like "Thanks for reminding me -
I need to look into that" - (I'd like to see a fink distro for Mac OS X).

rich