Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: Follow Up : 'Time manipulation' or 'The Vulcan Science Directorate says
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:38 AM 22-09-02 +0000, you wrote:
>It will be display in a column of a grid in H:M:S format.
>I would appreciate some code as I dont quite understand what your
>suggesting below.

I think Greg is referring to a Delphi or BCCPB application development
environment. It's quite usual to bring the raw value (e.g. seconds as an
integer) into your client and format it with a local procedure.

Depending on what you have actually stored in the database, if you are
using Dialect 3 you could get back an integer for Seconds like this:

select <other fields>,
(24 * 60 * 60 * (FinishTime - StartTime))/1 AS IntervalInSeconds,

heLen