Subject Re: How to embed Firebird 1.0 into a Win32 application?
Author Fabrice Aeschbacher
Hi,

Installing Firebird is quite of easy. You just have to copy some
files, write 1 registry entry, start a service, copy a DLL on each
client. You can go to http://ibinstall.defined.net/ to see some
example / papers. Try for example to download the Wise install
script, it is easy to understand. An alternative is also to download
the official installation script from sourceforge
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/firebird)

HTH, Fabrice

--- In ib-support@y..., A| c@p...ยก <don_alcaponi@y...> wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for the quick reply. I meant to simply copy the files into my
> application and distribute it. So I guess that the Firebird
installer should
> go into my application's installer.
>
> Assuming that I've got a Firebird server up and running with 2
database DBX
> and DBY, how would I connect to them using a JDBC driver e.g.
JayBird?
> Mainly, where do I obtain the port number to include into the JDBC
URL?