Subject Re: [ib-support] Any dates for alpha 1.5?
Author Helen Borrie
At 11:05 AM 12-09-02 +1000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>the website says:
>
>"So when will the Alpha 1 release be available?
>
>August 2002 -- We'd like to be more precise but we are all volunteers. We are
>working as fast as possible, so please have a little patience."

Alpha builds are available now and have been for some weeks now - but
please be prepared to get your head around CVS and how to get the snapshot
builds *and* watch the firebird-devel list for announcements.

Alpha and beta testing is NOT supported in the ib-support list.

>Are there any updates on that date? Not that I want a rushed release. Just
>curious.

The FB developers are reporting constantly on what they are doing. I
guess your ability to keep yourself informed will be closely related to
your level of curiosity.

>And I hope they plan to add the ability to interrupt queries.

:-?

For 1.5? Possibly...though it wouldn't be a priority. The ODS changes
will come through in FB 2. The primary (though not sole) purpose of FB 1.5
is to get the new C++ codebase running at least as well as the FB 1
C-codebase. New and wonderful should be much more reachable beyond that point.

heLen