Subject Re: [ib-support] Any dates for alpha 1.5?
Author Mark Patterson
Helen Borrie wrote:
> At 11:05 AM 12-09-02 +1000, you wrote:
> The FB developers are reporting constantly on what they are doing. I
> guess your ability to keep yourself informed will be closely related to
> your level of curiosity.

And knowing where to look. I look at firebird.sourceforge.net quite regularly.
But that doesn't have a lot of news. Where do think I should look for more up to
date stuff?

>>And I hope they plan to add the ability to interrupt queries.
> For 1.5? Possibly...though it wouldn't be a priority. The ODS changes
What does ODS mean?
> will come through in FB 2. The primary (though not sole) purpose of FB 1.5
> is to get the new C++ codebase running at least as well as the FB 1
> C-codebase.
Which will showcase the benefits of OO-design.
> New and wonderful should be much more reachable beyond that point.

Can't wait! Well, I can wait, but I wish I didn't have to.

Thanks,

Mark