Subject Re: [ib-support] FireBird
Author Tim Romano
I'm just going back, back, back in time to the days before the web, to the
days of the "standalone" PC ;-)

This is a single-user full-text search app. I'd like the client program to
access the data-store (on the same computer) without a lengthy database
engine startup. I'm thinking of the 15-30 seconds Personal Oracle takes to
start up -- I want instantaneous availability.

"If you mean to run a java app that uses the database on the same system and
you want to start the database from within the app, that should be no
problem."

That's what I mean. Can FireBird do this? If so, what is involved in
installing the FB engine on the target PC? Do you simply copy some FB files
to a folder, or is there a lot more to it?
Thanks
Tim