Subject Apollo --> Interbase conversion
Author Dimitry Sibiryakov
On 6 Sep 2002 at 16:01, Dieter Raith wrote:

>If I compose a fixed length array with all data , is it then possible
>to create a table with all necessary columns defined and make an
>INSERT with a pointer to the array given?

All data for one row? Yes, it is easy to fill XSQLDA.XSQLVARs by
pointers to your array's elements. But if data in your array is not
fully compatible with IB internal representation, you should
carefully fill other fields (sqltype, sqlsubtype, sqllen and so on).
Then you can perform as many executions of a prepared INSERT
statement as you need. You even don't need to re-prepare the
statement after commiting transaction on every several thousands
rows.

SY, Dimitry Sibiryakov.