Subject Re: WRONG PAGE TYPE IB6 ODS10
Author goodieauk
--- In ib-support@y..., "Alan McDonald" <alan@m...> wrote:
> out of interest -
> Does this mean you can not make any connections to the database at
this
> time?
Yes that is correct. If I could I would it is likely I cold do a
gbak of only the metadata and then datapump out the data to a new
database.
> Have you physically moved the gdb file at some stage?
This particular Gdb has stayed on the same drive in the same location
for at least 12 months.
I am intrested though why moving a GDB should be an issue as I
understand it a GDB is extremely portable and infact I often have to
move the physical location of GDB's on sites.
> Have you being doing regular backups and restores over this last
year?
Yes the Client has been doing backups. However against my advice
they have not been using backup software that has an IB Agent. The
result has been that the actual backups have not been good. Yes and
the Client does now except that the should be checking their backups.