Subject Re: [ib-support] newbie question on blobs
Author Dimitry Sibiryakov
On 1 Sep 2002 at 0:58, Carlos Kennerley wrote:

>How do I go about putting a file say a PDF at c:\certs\test.pdf into
>a blob column of a table. Is there some documentation on this. Do I
>use the INSERT ....INTO... statement????

Well... There are pieces of information here and there. "API Guide"
and "Embedded SQL Guide" are my sources.
The main strategy is: pump file's content into blob and get a blob
id. Use a parametrized INSERT ... INTO... statement and supply the
blob id to it. I don't know if it is possible to use a text
representation of blob id.
The most important condition: all this must be done in one
transaction. (Blob reference counters don't seem to be implemented in
the foreseeable future.)

>I appologise if this is the wrong place to put this question.

This place is good enough, but the mail-list or mewsgroup related
to your preferable tool (component set) would be more useful.

SY, Dimitry Sibiryakov.