Subject Re: [ib-support] Abnormail Termination
Author Paul Reeves
On Wed, 08 May 2002 10:40:10 -0000, mivi71dk wrote:
>Hi
>

>This morning I kept getting this message (from eventlog):
>
>The description for Event ID ( 281 ) in Source ( InterBase Guardian
>) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary
>registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a
>remote computer. The following information is part of the event:

Don't worry about this part of the error - it is 'normal'.

>Abnormal Termination: C:\Program
>Files\Borland\InterBase\bin\ibserver.exe: terminated abnormally (
>-1).

Check the interbase.log file in the install directory - there should be some history prior to the termination. Post anything relevant (but snip judiciously, please, if there are lots of duplicate entries.)

>I can add, that a few days ago I experienced a user connected to
>this DB, eventhough NO client machine was running !
>
>Are those two things above related ?

Maybe, maybe not. Probably a client was terminated abnormally and the server didn't see the termination until much later. On its own this doesn't indicate much either way.

>I tried copying my DB file to a machine running Firebird Version 1
>and another running IB 6. All gave same result.

What result was that?

Paul
--
Paul Reeves