Subject Re: [ib-support] Firebird On Solaris (Intel Edition)
Author Claudio Valderrama C.
"Paul Reeves" <paul@...> wrote in message
news:3C9AF9E1.D2C0F765@......
> "R. S. Patil" wrote:
>
> Clients eh! You might want to let them know that Sun will no longer
> develop Solaris on Intel x86. You can a report of the original
> announcement here:

> and see the campaign to save the OS here:
>
> http://www.save-solaris-x86.org/

Hmm, Konstantin Kuznetsov won't be happy. He spent good time porting FB to
Intel Solaris.
:-(

I think this is basically the same doubt that an adventurous person would
face while trying to port FB to Netware. Nobody knows what will happen to
Netware. For unknown reasons to me, only Oracle performs well in that
platform. And while we are at it, is there any logic argument why anyone
would need FB in AS/400? I've seen a couple of requests but can't make sense
of them.

C.
--
Claudio Valderrama C. - http://www.cvalde.com - http://www.firebirdSql.org