Subject SV: [ib-support] Re: Firebird 1.0.0 and SQL Dialect 3
Author Roy Nielsen @ Home
Hi Mark

Well, the localhost, localhost.localdomain and killroy entries was in the
hosts.equiv file, but the server's hostname wasn't configured to killroy.
After that everything was ok.

I'm still confused why I had to do that, but what the heck, now it works :-)

Roy

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: news@... [mailto:news@...]Pa vegne af Mark
O'Donohue
Sendt: 28. august 2001 08:52
Til: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Emne: Re: [ib-support] Re: Firebird 1.0.0 and SQL Dialect 3

roy@... wrote:

> Hi Mark
>
> Thanks for the tip, that was it: I had to configure the hostname, which I
didn't do at the install. It is working now.

Whew! - I was starting to run out of ideas :-).

Next release Im thinking of adding/checking the 'localhost' line to
hosts.equiv as part of the install.

Mind you the error message you got back could have been better as well.

Cheers

Mark
--
Your database needs YOU!