Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: --* Please Help*--- Database corruption and cannot backup & restore
Author Woody
From: "Helen Borrie" <helebor@...>
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2001 9:38 AM

>Won't the file number change if you gbak and restore?
>
>regards,
>Helen

Helen,

It shouldn't make a difference since you only need the number the first time
someone accesses the database. It should only need to be consistent from the
time it's first opened until it's closed by the last user. That's why I
suggested doing this to solve the problem in Windows. I didn't realize when
I made the suggestion that Unix already does it. I only use Windows
platforms so I don't know any specifics about *nix systems.

Woody