Subject Re: [ib-support] --* Please Help*--- Database corruption and cannot backup & restore
Author Helen Borrie
Louis,
I hope you get lots of ideas about the CAUSE from here...here are two possiblities to start with:

Is your gdb file over 2 Gb? if so, is it getting near 4 Gb? If the database file overruns the 2 Gb limit (for FAT32, some say it is 4 Gb), it will begin to write over the top of itself from the beginning.

Is somebody connecting to the database with a missing backslash following the drive designator? e.g. SERVERNAME:c:databases\mydb.gdb. If you have one or more users connected with the correct string and one or more connected with the bad string, your database will be corrupted.

Other than that - over to the rest! (Pity Ann H. is on vacation right now).

Regards,
Helen