Subject RE: [ib-support] Re IB security
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:15 PM 01-08-01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hmmm!
>would this occur in the case of a simple SP which performs an insert. I have
>an SP which inserts into a log table where i have not defined a PK (the SP
>does not have a suspend), every now and then i see duplicate entries which
>are logged with the same time stamp?

The SQLDA bug doesn't occur on the server side, i.e. if your SP does multiple inserts during one call, all will work. It occurs when the same SP is called repeatedly without being reprepared and unprepared between calls. It is caused by a certain field in the SQLDA structure not being reset properly between client calls.

It's possible your duplicate timestamps might come about NOT from this bug but because (I believe) CURRENT_TIMESTAMP is actually the timestamp for the COMMIT, meaning multiple inserts inside the same transaction will always get the same timestamp. Now I might have this confused and this observation applies to the 'NOW" literal, with CURRENT_TIMESTAMP being the creation timestamp...

And the bug IS logged - I logged it myself a long time ago - [ #233025 ] Server hangs when executing Stored Proc more than once. Somebody assigned it to priority 9 and I pushed it back up to 5.

Helen

All for Open and Open for All