Subject Re: [ib-support] Re: Slow first 'Query'
Author Phil Shrimpton
On Wednesday 01 August 2001 01:05, you wrote:

Hi,

> Obvious, but the client does have an entry for the server in its HOSTS
> file, I suppose?

They do. I can connect in 'normal time', but the first thing I do (could be
running a SELECT query, executing a SP, adding a field to a table etc.),
takes a very long time (10-15 second for a medium size database), after this,
everything runs as expected. The bigger the database (in terms of tables,
sp's, indexes etc.) the slower the 'first query' is. Whether the database is
empty or not, does not seam to make any difference. If this happend during
connection it would not be as much as a problem.(I have started to do a
select * from rdb$database just after connection, just for appearances sake)

Cheers

Phil

--
Linux 2.4.4-4GB
2:25am up 21 days, 8 min, 1 user, load average: 1.60, 0.64, 0.47