Subject Re: restore trouble
Author fabrice.aeschbacher@khe.siemens.de
--- In ib-support@y..., Paul Reeves <paul@f...> wrote:

> I wouldn't recommend using the -r switch to do the restore. If
there is a
> problem with the backup you will have over-written the original
database before
> you discover the problem.
>
> Use the -c option to create a new database with a different name.
If the
> creation is successful you can then worry about your main question -
shutting
> down the database and replacing it.

OK, let's use gbak -c. But once the restore is successfull, I must be
able to replace the old db with the new restored one. I don't want
the user to shutdown the db & replace the files himself.

> Are you aware that shutting down a database does not disconnect
users logged in
> as SYSDBA?

No, it's a good info. All users are actually logged on as SYSDBA.
I'll try with another user, and hope the gfix -shut will work.

Thanks
Fabrice