Subject Re: [ib-support] One-to-one relationship
Author Paul Schmidt
Nico:

On 16 May 2001, at 7:50, Nico Callewaert wrote:

> Can someone explain to me what is the advantage of a one-to-one
> relationship ? I don't see any advantage on it, because a single
> record in the first table is related to only one record in the second
> table, so why don't put it all in one table then ?

Here is another reason...

You have a piece of information, where the client swears up and down
that it will only ever exist in a one to one relationship, but you
know that there is a good chance that in the future that this isn't
going to be the case. You put the data in a separate table, then six
months later, when it needs to be one to many, you aren't spending a
holiday weekend trying to split it up.

Paul

Paul Schmidt,
Tricat Technologies