Subject Fw: [ib-support] Invalid request BLR
Author Marcos Vinicius Dufloth
Uom!!! I forget to say that the error occurs when I commit after compile the procedure. Even if I initialise the variables. Would be a size code problem?

Dufloth.

----- Original Message -----
From: Helen Borrie
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: [ib-support] Invalid request BLR

Aaahh! OK!

You need to initialise the variable vRows at zero. The reason for this is a bug in IB6 that returns null for select count(*) if no rows are found (it ought to return zero). You are getting expressions that evaluate to NULL in some conditions and you are not testing them for NULL but only equivalence.

But it is always wise practice to initialise variables, in all cases.

Cheers,
Helen

At 08:54 AM 30-04-01 -0300, you wrote:

>Ok. There is. This procedure check to see if all of my triggers are ok before launch the application. At same time, I return what triggers are not ok in vOk parameter. When vOk returns empty, then all triggers are ok. An trigger is ok when it exists and is active.
>

>create procedure TRIGGERCHECK returns (vOk varchar(255)) as
> declare variable vRows integer;
>begin
> select count(*) from RBD$TRIGGERS where RDB$TRIGGER_NAME = 'TI_ITEMENTR' into :vRows;

All for Open and Open for All