Subject Re: [firebird-php] Re: Any problem using PHP4.4.x, apache 1.x.x, firebird 1.5.x?
Author Lester Caine
junkers109 wrote:
> Thanks Jiri, that worked for me.
>
> It's October 2009. Your post was in 2006 (if I recall correctly). One would figure something like this would have been taken care of by the Firebird folks by now. ;)

Well PHP4 is no longer supported, Apache 1 is a little long in the
tooth, and FB2.1 has been out for a while ....
Although I did think that the current FB1.5.6 provided a correct install
for support of the legacy stuff? But it would depend on where you are
picking the client up from, the one *IN* PHP4 would probably have the
problem you are seeing, and so needs to be removed so that the one
provided by FB1.5.6 is actually used.

A further point ... many of the features of the php_interbase.dll were
not implemented until PHP5 so some aspects of FB1.5 may not work as
expected with PHP4!

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL