Subject RE: [firebird-php] Re: firebird-php-mandrake installation
Author Darren Thompson
dude your blog still says fb1.5 but in your steps you dont use 1.5 you are
using 1.03 ;-)
-----Original Message-----
From: ArnoldGamboa.com [mailto:arnoldgamboadotcom@...]
Sent: 12 November 2004 08:00
To: firebird-php@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-php] Re: firebird-php-mandrake installation

I just posted a solution in my blog:
http://arnoldgamboa.com/2004/11/apachemandrakephpfirebird/

Update: The step by step procedure mentioned below did not somehow
work completely for my Mandrake 9 server. I checked the original
author of this instructions and he said that probably, the reason is
that he based his instructions on Mandrake 10 installations.
Unfortunately, it's too burdensome for me to upgrade my OS at this
time. So I tried to find a trick to solve this. Here's what I did, it
worked:

1. After genergating interbase.so (see below how to do it), I opened
my php.ini file. I looked for this line:

extension_dir = /usr/lib/php/extensions

2. Because extension_dir points to /usr/lib/php/extensions, I copied
my interbase.so to that directory.

3. Then, I changed

magic_quotes_sybase = Off

magic_quotes_sybase = On