Subject Re: JDBC related exceptions with Firebird.
Author kkona06
Roman,

I am seeing the following msg in the FireBird log.

-- terminated abnormally (4294967295)

And I also came across a post by you related to this same msg
sometime in June 2004, that talks about Server crashing when too
many connections use up the available memory. The link for that msg :

I am researching to see if there is a relation between that issue
and my current problem. I am just creating one connection to the db
and using it to do my inserts. I don't see any growth in the
transaction number on the database header page so I am assuming that
I am not spawning multiple connections on db when the driver's auto-
commit is turned off.

Pls do let me know if there is something I am missing here.

Thanks,
Karunakar Kona
--- In Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com, "kkona06" <kkona06@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wrote a simple Java App that connects to the Firebird 1.5
database
> using the JayBird JDBC driver and inserts data into two tables.
> There is a FK referential Integrity constraint between the two
> tables, PK on both and a Unique Index on a col in the child
table.I
> insert 9 rows into the child table for each row into the parent
> table. The Firebird db is on the same machine on which I am
running
> the App.
> When I run the App with the JayBird's autocommit on, I am running
> into a (GDS Exception. 335544721. Unable to complete network
request
> to host ""), after putting about 1638 records into the parent
table.

> If I turn the auto commit off, I am getting a (GDS Exception.
> 335544726. Error reading data from the connection.) . I am
attaching
> the stack traces for both the errors.
>
> Can anybody give me some pointers on what might be happening here?
> am running this App to generate some bench marks for comparing the
> Performance metrics for our Application System.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> -KKona
>
> Stack traces:
>
> org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: GDS Exception. 335544721.
> Unable to complete network request to host "".
>
> Reason: Unable to complete network request to host "".
>
> at

org.firebirdsql.jdbc.InternalTransactionCoordinator$AutoCommitCoordin
> ator.ensureTransaction(InternalTransactionCoordinator.java:224)
>
> at

org.firebirdsql.jdbc.InternalTransactionCoordinator$AutoCommitCoordin
> ator.executionStarted(InternalTransactionCoordinator.java:213)
>
> at

org.firebirdsql.jdbc.InternalTransactionCoordinator.executionStarted
> (InternalTransactionCoordinator.java:38)
>
> at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.AbstractStatement.notifyStatementStarted
> (AbstractStatement.java:220)
>
> at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.AbstractStatement.executeUpdate
> (AbstractStatement.java:243)

> Trace 2:
> org.firebirdsql.gds.GDSException: Error reading data from the
> connection.
>
> at

org.firebirdsql.gds.impl.wire.AbstractJavaGDSImpl.iscDsqlAllocateStat